Monday, December 5, 2011

Disappointment...

I have little say, today, except that I failed on my 18 mile run, yesterday morning.  The temps were in the high 30's in Ahwatukee, so I dressed as warmly as possible - given that I did not want to be uncomfortable for 18 miles.


I headed out at my usual 6am start time -- and within the first 4-5 miles I began feeling a tightness in my right hip flexor that I had never felt before.  Hoping the hip would loosen up, I carried on.  20 minutes later the pain in my hip was excruciating.  I had planned to stop for some water and Gu around mile 9, but decided it was probably best to abort this mission and rest for the day.  


I walked home after the 9 miles ... VERY disappointed.   

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that's it. You suddenly got old. Welcome to my world :)

    ReplyDelete